Monday, October 04, 2004

I've been knitting alot over the past few months. I've been knitting off and on for the past 15 years. Note that I place "off" before "on". At some point this spring, it became on again with a vengance. I happened upon Knitty and then MagKnits and realized that, in my time away, things have changed.

So what am I working on currently? Well, I'm a bit of a startaholic. I tend to keep a number of projects going simply because I get bored quickly. I do bits and pieces and then end up with a ton of project finished at once and have to begin the process all over again. Hopefully, I'm working into a trend of having several projects at different stages of completion. This way, once I finish one project, I'm not also finishing three others!

The List:

Hallowig!
Chamomile from the Rowan Summer Tweed book in a pale, springy green (just in time for winter!)
A basic v-neck sweater in Berroco Medley - pattern cribbed from a few places with a few adjustments of my own.
A Rowan denim pinafore for my two-year-old from Erika Knight's Simple Knits for Little Cherubs (the cherub part is sometimes debatable but it's a cute jumper-style dress)
Butterfly from Jane Ellison's Noro Knits 2 in Kureyon #124

In the queue:
Lara in Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk in red
Cate from La Bella Vita in Colinette Giotto

I should finish the first sleeve of Chamomile today and will hopefully finish the second sleeve by Wednesday.

I started sewing up the Medley v-neck last night and realized that one sleeve was two inches longer than the other. The yarn is really hard to frog so I ended up having to frog the whole damn thing. I'm almost out of yarn on this one, so it will be interesting to see what I come up with to finish the neckline. Probably just some single crochet.

The denim pinafore is a sad story. I finished one side and realized, with horror, that the needles in the size 6 bag were actually size 4 needles. I'm still debating whether to frog the whole thing and start over or just to make the same mistake on the other side. My gauge is oddly close to the mark and The Bean is very small for her age so I know it would fit. On the other hand, it's not right and I should fix it. Because I'll know. Ick.

I am loving Butterfly. I had a hard time deciding on the color and ended up knitting the left front in two different colors. 124 it is. That yarn and the yarn for Lara are on order but I've got most of the left front done!

Hallowig is fun to work on. I cast on for the bangs last night and will hopefully finish this week. Yes, I want to finish three projects this week. That means 2 1/2 sleeves, sewing up 1 1/2 sweaters (medley is sewn up to the blasted left sleeve and side), and making the crown of Hallowig. This week will show that I'm either delusional, or a much faster knitter than I think I am.