Sunday, November 21, 2004

Ick and argh

I seem to be developing a case of the Creeping Mongolian Death Crud (CMDC). (Don't ask me how I came up with CMDC but I got some horrible lurgy one year and called it the CMDC and a number of my friends have adopted the term as well. The good news is that the CMDC is not quite the flu.)

We finished ripping down the wallpaper in the foyer and put a layer of Kilz on hoping that Nature might be kind to us and let us take the easy way out without having to take down the backing and mud the foyer. No such luck. And we couldn't paint over the wallpaper because it was textured vinyl. And not a texture you'd want. So, Hubster has gone off to the Home Despot to get supplies. My being sick isn't helping anything. Nor is the fact that an old friend is coming in town in about an hour and I am expected to be at our ex-hangout for cocktails in about an hour and a half. Man, to think I used to actually drink in the afternoon. (To think I used to actually drink...) So, poor Hubster gets left with the mud and The Bean. (My husband is the most indulgent man in the world.) I did make a big pot of beef stew (really boeuf borgignon with carrots and celery) so I don't have to feel guilty about dinner ;>.

Needless to say, this has put something of a kibosh on knitting. The fog of sinus prevents me from paying much attention to Lara. I have managed to read some of All I Did Was Ask by Terry Gross who is the host of NPR's Fresh Air. Great book. I love Fresh Air and she has the Gene Simmons interview which was a total disaster.

Meanwhile, I have to print out 500 mailing labels by Wednesday. From an incomplete mailing list. That I have to update.

I think I need to go back to sleep.