Wednesday, December 08, 2004

An FO!

You have to excuse the wonky picture below but my 2 1/2-year-old took it. Given that, I think it's actually a pretty decent picture.




Lara!!!

I'm pretty pleased with the finished boject.

Plum, on the other hand, is going less well. I'm on the third try. The first frogging was one skein of yarn because I did the increases on the wrong side of my marker resulting in a dart unknown to modern knitting. The second frogging was because the second size was so huge you'd have to be about 8 inches taller than I am to wear it. Six skeins frogged. SIX! ARGH!

Plum is out of Debbie Bliss Book Seven in Cashmerino Superchunky.

There are only two sizes listed for Plum. I based my decision to make the second size on the fact that the smaller size measurements were listed as 39 inches for the bust and 19 1/2 inches for the length. More or less the same measurements as the size I made in Lara. I wanted Plum to be a bit more generous so it would be a nice cozy and sort of sloppy sweater but this is ridiculous.

Whoever took the measurements was smoking something. Granted, I think the bust itself will measure 39 inches. But the hips are a good 8 inches wider. The measurement of the hips for my original attempt at the 36-38 size was 52 inches. Yes, I am getting gauge and I went down a needle size. Wild. The small may still be a bit big. That being said, she sure is pretty.


Not the greatest picture, but it's overcast all of a sudden. That is the back and sides. Hopefully, I can complete the back today. This version seems a bit short to me whilst still being too wide. If this version doesn't fit, I think I'll just give it away because I don't think the yarn can take another frogging. Keep your fingers crossed.