Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Wild and Woolly!

What a week! I have been meaning to post for something like two weeks now and have been too busy to think. Today alone I have:
Taken the Bean to get her glasses adjusted
Taken her for a haircut
Been to the party store to pick up Minnie Mouse party supplies for her 3rd birthday party this weekend
Been to the grocery store
Finished stuffing, sealing, and stamping the last of 500 envelopes for a charity to-do next week (because I don't seem to have enough to do on my own so I need to add volunteer work with a 24-hour turnaround time to the mix)

Last weekend we had three parties. Friday at the Tompson's, Saturday at the Thompson's, and Sunday at the Thomson's. The all-t(h)om(p)son weekend!

Yes, there was knitting:



Bias Stole
2 sk Fiesta Yarns La Boheme
Tutti Fruitti colorway




Clapotis 2: Electric Boogaloo
Artyarns Royal Silk

The jury is still out on Clap2. Right now it's Clap On the needles but it may be Clap Off before the week is out. I love the yarn but am unsure that Clapotis is really the right pattern. The reason?


Flower Basket Shawl
Fall 2004 Interweave Knits
Debbie Bliss Cathay in Fushcia

I'm loving this pattern and wondering how it would look in the Artyarns Royal Silk. Would the variegation of the yarn overwhelm the pattern? Would the pattern not do the yarn justice?

Opinions gratefully accepted.

Overall, I don't think the Royal Silk would make a good garment for me. Too fragile. I'd be waiting for "occasions" to wear it rather than really using it. A shawl would get alot more use. It's getting to be perfect shawl weather in Texas. Once it starts heating up, everyone jacks up their air conditioners to the point where you could hang meat. I take a sweater or shawl everywhere in the summer.

So, lots of knitting last week. Lots of running around.

And something lovely came in the mail as well! A few weeks ago, Julia had a caption contest on her blog. I won and received my prize in the mail last weekend!


Lovely Rowan Magpie!!!

Many thanks to Julia for a fun contest and such a luscious prize!