Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I miss the margaritas

It was a fun weekend but we are all now completely exhausted. Add to that trying to plan a trip to San Francisco and the environs and Hubster and I have decided that the Hill Country would be much more relaxing. Plus, there is wine made in the area! Drinkable wine even! And Guero's in Austin. Because it's all about the margaritas, baby.

There was precious little knitting over the last week. I did make a trip to my LYS to pick up some needles. When I got there, one of my friends said, "Did you see the sign on the door?!" And they all made me go back outside to read the sign on the door. At this point, I'm thinking up all sorts of horrible scenarios in which, despite all appearances of screaming success, my LYS is going to close. Nope. It was a sign proclaiming 20% off of everything in honor of Mother's Day. Whee! Yarn sales always fog my brain and I end up with things I'm not sure I should have bought. The result, I'm knitting a shrug. Yes, yes, it's almost as bad as a poncho. But it's so cuuuuute. And red.

I also bought the yarn to make the Debbie Bliss Cathay bolero in the new Interweave Knits and the Rowan Linen Print to make this. I'm using the same main color but Crush and Refresher for the stripes. And, because my lucky star was really pleased with me, the Rowan rep was in the store and I was treated to a preview of some of the new yarns (Spray is going to be very cool) and some of the new patterns (kid's stuff to dream about)

And now, I must go watch America's Next Top Model.