Tuesday, June 14, 2005

It's my party!

Although I have no inclination to cry. It's my birthday today! I was greeted with my recalcitrant child telling me that she didn't want me to come get her but rather Hubster. She made up for it by later singing a very nice rendition of Happy Birthday to me.

I promised knitting pics yesterday and didn't quite get to them. Here they are:


A sock for the Bean. I'm calling it the BroadBean sock. It's an adaptation of the Broadripple sock I modified it to work with sportweight yarn and to fit a toddler and also so that the pattern on the top of the foot rather than all the way around. I find that patterns on my soles bug me. I thought Bean and I could put some puffy fabric paint on the soles and she could wear these as "slipper socks" this winter.


The Flower Basket Shawl for my mother. I finished the sixth repeat. One more repeat to go and then the edging!


The Artyarns Silk Clapotis has been pulled out of the "later" basket. I'm still not sure I like this yarn as Clapotis, but I can't think of anything else to do with this yarn and I am definitely enjoying knitting with it. I wanted to come up with a lace pattern. I couldn't really find anything I thought would work and the colorway needs a pattern that shows off the variegation.


Pieces of the felted bag from the kit Maureen made up for me during SP4. I haven't knitted with Lamb's Pride before. Very enjoyable. I'm having fun deciding on a color pattern.

I'm also to the heel on the Beige Dad Socks for my Father. And seaming Ines, although it will be too hot to wear her until this fall.

So far, it's a very nice day.