Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Under the weather

In a literal sense. We woke up to a balmy 75F. It's now 61. The temperature has fallen two degrees since I sat down at my desk a minute or so ago. The low is supposed to be 36. We've (obviously) already had the high. This is typical Texas weather but it always stank when I was working because I'd forget to look at the forecast and it would be nice when I left for work. I'd walk out to my car after work and about get frostbite because I wouldn't have a jacket (or, commonly, because I'd left my "emergency jacket" in the car). On one hand, it's going to be sweater weather so "Yay"! On the other hand, could we at least have some fall? Because this will last a couple of days and then it's back to the high 60s.

Kepler is almost kemplete. Just need to seam one side and then attack the pesky neck. I'm having the card group to my house tomorrow, so I have some motivation for a new sweater.




Gardening Mittens from Louisa Harding.

Love the pattern, but it's meant for someone with much longer hands and fingers. I left out the last two rows on the thumb and it's still going to be too long, so I'm going to rip it back another two rows and repeat the bind-off.

I'm also reducing the remaining length of the hand by half.