Sunday, January 01, 2006

The Year of the Sock

I've been knitting alot the last few days. I finished the Wavy Wrap (blocking), the last pair of Gardening Mitts (given), and a really cute cabled bag for me. I also started the Hip Hop coat from the Winter IK. Yes, I should post pictures, but I'm all about lazy today and it's simply not going to happen!

I've been thinking about New Year's Resolutions. I rarely make them because I am not too upset with how my life goes. Yes, I have as many flaws as the next person and, yes, I try to improve on them, but it's sort of pointless to make a RESOLUTION to improve. It'll either happen or it won't.

I also thought about knitting resolutions. I've been doing a pretty good job of not adding to the stash. That's not to say that I don't make alot of new yarn purchases. But, I've been knitting the new projects as soon as I buy them. I'd like to get a few big projects out of my stash and, hopefully, not add anything else big as replacement.

I think it's going to be The Year of the Sock. I learned how to knit socks last year and am really finding them to be excellent projects. My vow for the year is to always be actively working on a sock. Actively meaning that I work on it at least once a week regardless of the other projects I have on the needles.

My other knitting goal is to knit more things for The Bean. She's getting old enough to really be interesting in my knitting.

My only other resolution is to hope that this year is just as much fun as last year with a large reduction in the pain-in-the-butt aspects of last year!