Monday, May 08, 2006

Blergh

I have a mild case of the Creeping Monoglian Death Crud. I feel like I have a cold, but less mucusy (mucussy?). I feel like I have the flu, but less on death's door. Overall, I'm not sick enough not to be bored silly after spending a day in bed but sick enough not to be able to knit because I can't concentrate due to the cotton wool stuffing my head.

It always amazes me how hard it is for my husband to keep things together when I'm sick. I stayed in bed all day yesterday. My brief foray into the kitchen for some ice about gave me a heart attack. He'd gone to the grocery several hours earlier and there was still stuff everywhere. Every counter was crammed with junk. There was a box of popsicles on the counter. I picked up a few things to save my sanity and went back to bed. Husband always uses the exuse that Bean is so demanding that he just can't get anything done. I gave him the Death Glare and said, "I deal with her every day. Want to try another excuse?" I can't get too mad though because he made me tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner and took Bean to school today. I just find it amazing how daily life is soooo difficult. Who knew?

Oh well, at least it makes me not want to be sick too long. I still shudder at the memory of when I had the flu for a week. Talk about the house being a wreck. Yikes!