Friday, June 30, 2006

The Good Stuff

I made it through yesterday with most of my mind still intact. And I washed and folded all the damn towels!

Today, there is not much food in the house other than condiments. (Mustard sandwich, anyone? I have six kinds of mustard!) Bean and I will be making a major grocery run and hit both SuperTarget and Central Market.

We have had a major schedule change, as well. Bean does better when she eats around 5.30 or so and, frankly, so do I. If I wait and eat dinner with my husband at 7pm, I need a snack at 5 because I'm really hungry. About a week ago, I decided that I am going to eat with Bean and if he can make it home to eat with us, that's fabulous, but it's either eat early or buy a new wardrobe and I'm damned if I'm buying larger pants. Even if I start off with an apple, I'm into the cheese and crackers and then the game is over. I have cheese and crackers because I have a four-year-old.

Bean eats like we should all eat - mostly whole grains and raw veggies and fruit with very little meat or cheese. Last night, she and I had some pasta and a plate of fresh veggies (red peppers, carrots, tomatoes, celery and cucumber) with fruit for dessert (she had some vanilla ice cream with hers). I feel great after meals like that. When my husband got home, he had pretty much the same thing, with the addition of a pork chop. We sat around the table and watched him eat and she and I played SlapJack. Not a bad night.


Bean's toe looks a million times better this morning, which is a relief. So, it's going to be a good day.

I'm going to have a good day or go down trying.