Monday, July 31, 2006

Shawls , Y'all

Diamond Fantasy Shawl
Pattern by Sivia Harding
Socks that Rock medium weight in Ruby Slippers. One skein and I barely finished after cutting out the last five rows of the sixth repeat.




The yarn was a dream to knit with, I love the variegation, and it's a nice size (60" wide by 24" deep)







Flower Basket Shawl (yes, I know it looks like the same shot, but it's not)
Pattern by Evelyn Clark
about 600 yds of El Coyote Ranch mohair that's between lace and fingering weights
10 repeats yielding a shawl 70" wide and 34" deep



I had plenty of yarn, but I decided that, at 5'1", I did not need a larger shawl. I had knit 4 rows of the 11th repeat when that little nagging voice in the back of my head told me to unknit them and do the border instead. I'm glad I listened for once!





The El Coyote mohair is fabulous yarn, but I had some problems with the color bleeding a ton. It took a number of rinses to get the water to be very light pink at which point I decided to block. The yarn did not bleed on the blocking towels, so I think I'm OK.