Friday, December 07, 2007

Roches

I am a long-time Roches fan.

This is one of their better efforts. An a capella version of the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah. The Hallelujah chorus is a glorious piece of music under almost any circumstances (including my 7th grade choir class), but just watch how much fun The Roches have singing it.




There is an even better version on The Roches website taken from a Saturday Night Live in 1979. I couldn't figure out how to crosspost it here, so you'll have to go to the site to see it. It's very worth to see Suzzy totally jamming out on the tune. Hallelujah and interpretive disco-dancing!

Sadly for me, they were in town last weekend but I couldn't go.

At least I have YouTube!

Now, go buy We Three Kings - one of the best Christmas albums EVER!