Saturday, September 20, 2008

dog days

As in sicker than the proverbial. I have succumbed to an allergy-related crud. Blerg.

I did manage to make it to bingo last night. Bean's school has a carnival every fall and the night before they have bingo. It's a blast. I figured today would be nasty regardless of whether I stayed home or not, so might as well go out with a bang. Today, I get to whimper!

In knitting news - yes, I still knit

Halcyon Socks
by Wendy Johnson in Wollmeise 100% Lowenzahn

IMG_1524

Firestarters
by Yarnissima in Wollmeise 100% Red Hot Chili (now to the gusset)

IMG_1522

I have to say that I have become very enamoured of the way Wollmeise knits up for me on toe- up socks. As I've said in the past, I'm an extremely loose knitter. I'm knitting both of these on two circs - size 0 addis. The fabric may be some of the best I've knitted for socks. I very much enjoy the cottony feel of the yarn while knitting. Being a loose knitter, overly sproingy yarn can sometimes be problematic for me. I have trouble with tension. Knitting with a yarn with very little sproing is a really good antidote.