Monday, March 28, 2005

Fever n' Ague

There is a scene in one of the Little House on the Prarie books in which the Ingalls family catches "fever n' ague" (now known as malaria) and Laura goes to the water bucket to bring back a dipper for Mary. I felt like that yesterday. Bean was sucumbing to the Vile Flu and I was not yet ready to be up and about. I'm much better today but there were a few moments yesterday where I honestly felt just about like crawling on the floor to bring Bean a sippy cup. I had the presence of mind to call the pediatrician Saturday night when we realized she had it. He sent over some "Tamiflu" which is the new miracle flu drug. Of course, what I should have done was take her to the ped the second they got the flu shot back in. Lesson learned. Next year, I'm going to be first in line for flu shots for everyone in case they run out again.

Today is much better, although Bean refused to sleep last night. Still, I'm vastly better so I don't care so much. The only lingering effect is that I have a cough and my ears are stopped up. I feel sort of like I'm in the next room and I can't quite hear myself.