Friday, July 07, 2006

Better You Bet

I'm feeling alot more perky today than I have in a while. It's been a busy summer and there have been a few too many lows not balanced by highs.

Last night, we went to dinner with friends who have a daughter who was in Bean's class last year. Bean didn't get to bed until around 10, which is 2 hours past her bedtime, but we all had so much fun it was worth it.

I've had my big walk today in lovely weather.




The mail yesterday brought some fun things:
Fun sock yarn from my Dye-O-Rama pal, Linda. She also included a pretty bookmark and a book for Bean, which is very much appreciated.

In the middle is an early surprise from my KSKS pal - a nifty "Gettin' Knit Together" bag from Knit & Plenty stuffed with all sorts of niceties to make keeping track of your knitting alot easier. And I love the orange trimmed bag. I love orange anyway and this is just so fun.

And, on the bottom, two skeins of Handmaiden Sea Silk in the Sangria colorway. Destined to become a Lotus Blossom Shawl at some point. Mmmmm, soooooooooffffffffttttt.

I've also been knitting a bunch.

DFS in red, CeCe in blue, a picot-edged sock in STR X-Mas Rock and the second Oak Ribbed sock in red Regia.

I found that I was not knitting much at all, because both of my projects were lace, which is not great night time knitting for me.

Wednesday, I got tired of having no night time knitting, so I cast on for both socks and knit their cuffs in order to get some alternatives underway.

I find that when I'm tired, I frequently want to knit, but I don't want to concentrate so I don't want to cast on for anything new.

The best thing about today? Dr Pig (aka Hubster) had a paper accepted to a scientific conference in Japan. Even better, his company agreed to send him to said conference. Woohoo! I'm not going, but I'm so proud and happy for him. It's a big deal.