Friday, August 31, 2007

Monkey See, Monkey Ew

One ugly Monkey about to be frogged. First, I've decided that I really loathe this colorway. I haven't been too thrilled with the colors from the Rockin' Sock Club this year - lots of muddy greens (2 out of four skeins so far have been muddy greens).

I love the Monkey pattern, but this yarn is doing nothing for the pattern and the pattern is making a yarn I'm not super fond of to begin with into something I really don't like very much at all.

I was on the fence about re-upping for the sock club this year and now I think I will not do it next year. I like the concept, but I think I need a sock club that's tailored a bit more to my personal preferences. Next year I will introduce the Dalai Mama Sock Club which will order whatever the heck sock yarn I feel like getting for myself ;>


Moving on to the next shot: bright colors with lots of short repeats! The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock. I have no clue as to the colorway.

Let's hope this is a better fit!