Thursday, October 14, 2004

First of all, a big thank you to Annie for my first RAOK!!! She sent me two downloads from Audible.com. How cool is that? I think I'll get a couple of children's classics so the Bean and I can listen to them in the car. I'm getting a bit tired of Ralph's World.

The good news: I finished Chamomile in time for my Pitch game last night.

The bad news: I had food poisoning and would not have been able to go.

The good news: Pitch was moved to next Wednesday!!! I may even get Hallowig finished by then.

Hallowig and I have had a major parting of the ways. I finished Chamomile and decided to move on to Grace from Knitty. She's a fast knit. I should finish her this weekend barring another down day like yesterday. You know it's bad when you are too sick to even think about knitting.

My yarn for Clapotis came today! So that will be next after Grace. The re-do of the sleeve for the Meddlesome Sweater has been put on the back burner.

It sure seems like I'm knitting alot of things at once. I'm sort of a startaholic. Fortunately, I'm also a finish-aholic. I think I may be the only person in the world who actually enjoys seaming. To me, it's sort of magic. You have these funky little sweater pieces and suddenly, BOOM, it's a sweater! I wore Chamomile to my LYS on Monday and one woman who works there paid me the extremely high compliment of asking how much harder it was to figure out the slightly goofy ribbing pattern for knitting in the round. I didn't knit any of it in the round! She may have just been trying to make my day, but it worked.