Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Hallowig is thumping along nicely today. I've cast on the bangs. I need to have this one completed for a party next Wednesday. I'm also going to try it on the Bean and see if I can shrink the pattern to fit her. I figure it will be somewhere between 2/3 and 3/4 of the adult size. If I have time, I may knit one for Hubster as well. I told him I was going to knit him some hair for the winter (he's bald).

Pictures will start emerging as soon as I figure out how to post them. I have the software; I just need an hour or so to sit down and actually do it. Probably tonight.

I'm also trying to figure out what to cook for dinner. Roast chicken is probably the winner. Preheat your oven to 450F. (If you don't preheat, your skin won't be all nice and brown and crispy.) Put your chicken on a pan and smear some olive oil on the outside of the bird and then salt and pepper. Put fresh or dried herbs (herbs de provence are nice) under the skin if desired. Put half a lemon in the breast cavity. Roast for 1 hour or until the leg joint wiggles easily. Very simple. Very yummy.