Monday, November 15, 2004

It was a busy weekend at Chez Casa Liz



Progress so far on Lara. I am about 2/3 of the way through the fourth ball and I've completed 22 rows (out of 32 total) of the first body section. I think I may add two extra rows on each side. I tried a store sample on of the small (which is what I'm making) and the body fit a bit too perfectly. But a medium would swamp me. So, I need a small-and-a-half. I also only knit three inches of the ribbing on the sleeve rather than four due to my extremely short arms.

I'm using 36" Clover bamboo circs. I really prefer Clover bamboo needles to just about anything else. I have several pairs of Addis, but I rarely use them. I find them way to slippery for the way I knit.

Resting beneath the top part of Lara, you can see my newest book acquisition - a copy of Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson.


Meddlesome Posted by Hello

I still need to weave in the ends and then take her to my LYS to get some advice about finishing. I need to do some sort of whip stitch or crochet edging or something to complete her. I have a nice matching chenille in a solid red color that I happened to have in my stash that is a perfect complement.


A detail of the yarn. It's a fairly gloomy day outside so that's about as good as I could manage for light without moving some lamps into the kitchen.
Posted by Hello

Time to go to the grocery store. Risotto tonight.