Monday, November 08, 2004

Something delightfully funny to start the week with:

The Bean goes to Mother's Day Out program at our church. For those of you not familiar with MDO, they go to a play day from 9am to 2pm. The Bean loves it. The teachers have the kids sing a little pray before lunch and Bean sings the same around the house. Last night she sang the end - "Amen" - and then looked at me for a minute and piped up "And firemen!" HOWL!

What a time last week! We had a new back door put on the house. The Jeep died (needed a new battery). Not that bad, just time-consuming. I had to pay bills (I hate paying bills).

On the up side, I figured out how to put pictures up on my blog and am waiting for the camera battery to recharge so I can take a few pics.

In knitting news, Clapotis is coming along nicely. I have two more repeats in the straight section and then I get to decrease. I'm ready to get it over with. I may only do one more straight repeat since I had less yarn to start with. Not sure yet.

I also frogged the Rowan denim jumper and have completed the front side again. I'll be glad when this one is over as well. It sounds as though I hate all my knitting right now. Not true. But Rowan denim is a rather splitty yarn and, after working with the lovely Interlacements merino superwash for Clapotis, it's not near as nice. It'll be cute though.

I also took a few hours Friday night and created the littlest poncho for The Bean. It's teeny. I used Plymouth Encore and 10US needles. No fringe. That's going to be the first picture.