Monday, January 03, 2005

YNBA what?

My favorite LYS had their super sale on Friday. The Bean happened to let out a wail at around 5.30am, waking me up. She rolled over and went back to sleep. I got up and went to stand in line at the store. I was one of the lucky ones who got a card for an extra 10% off! My total discount was 40%. This incited me to riot of a sort.


5 skeins of Colinette Point 5 in Toscana to make a fringed wrap - sort of like a poncho but with no seamed edge. I'll put a button in at the neck. Although, if you know of a great pattern that requires 5 skeins of superbulky yarn, please give me a heads up - I may change my mind!


Nature Wool in a great chartreuse green. I made a felted bag for a friend for Christmas out of this same color and it came out fabulous. Now I can knit several more for the friends who said, "Me too!" AND, sock yarn! Yes, the Knitting Goal for 2005 is to learn to knit socks.



6 skeins of Mountain Colors 4/8 wool in Flathead Cherry. This was a last minute addition. I put back some Noro and a few other bits and bobs and got my ticket and stood in line to pay. Then I saw this yarn and HAD to have it. It is just lovely and very much my colors. Now I just have to find a sweater pattern. Although I may just end up making another Clapotis for me, one for my mom, and a hat and gloves or who knows what.

The rest of the haul includes 10 skeins of Rowan Summer Tweed in a pale pink, Touch Me in a gray to make Vintage Velvet from Scarf Style, and a skein of Rowan Kidsilk Haze in a nice orange to make a large variation on the Airy scarf from Last Minute Knitted gifts for a late Christmas gift.

I had pledged that I would be restrained. I was not. Well, I guess I sort of was - the lady in front of me bought seven (yes 7!) 13 gallon trash bags of yarn. That's alot of yarn.