Sunday, April 17, 2005

Fantasy World

Birthday parties: 5
Knitting: 0

OK, maybe it's not quite that bad. I am in the 6th repeat of the Flower Basket Shawl. But we've had 5 birthday parties in the last 8 days including Bean's 3rd (!) birthday party. 8 of her friends showed along with various parents and siblings. It was a nice party. Perfect, perfect weather in the 70s with a nice breeze and glorious sun a blue skies with a few nice fluffy clouds. I couldn't have ordered a better day from a catalog. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and "bonilla" ice cream was devoured by all.

I have promised myself that tomorrow, after the grocery run, I'm going to put in Singin in the Rain (Bean's favorite movie) and finish the 6th repeat of the Flower Basket Shawl. Tonight, I'm going to cast on for a scarf that I need to have finished by the 27th. Oh, and I need to have most of a sock finished by next Saturday. In an ideal (fantasy) world, I'll finish the FBS and have it blocked for wearing on Friday; have most of a sock finished for Saturday; and finish the scarf for next Wednesday. I've always had a rich fantasy life...