Thursday, April 21, 2005

Just in case you were wondering...

... no ill befell Bean, despite the removal of my Sacred Floss Line of Life.

I will have to unknit back to a good spot in the FBS. Therefore, the FBS is on hold until May because there is no way in hell I'm going to have the time or energy to concentrate until after the houseguests have come and gone next week.

Yesterday, I was reading Phyl's blog in which she posts about the new Kim Hargreaves web site. I went to the site and was doing the happy dance because all of her new patterns are in Rowan Denim and Rowan Summer Tweed, two yarns that I have quite alot of in the stash. Then, I realized that she doesn't sell the patterns. Only kits. I don't want a kit. I have the yarn. I'm trying to find something to knit with the damn yarn and this is not going to do it. We used to cut up our sweaters that way when I was in college. If I were still in college, I'd go for it if I had the hundred bucks it would take for the yarn. Twenty years later*, not so much. I was thinking more along the lines of Harmony or Glimmer. And for Denim: Joy . But no, you can't get just the patterns.

Then I looked a bit more. You are supposed to order a kit based on your bust size, but none of the patterns offer schematics or any details at all. Soooooo, I'm supposed to pony up around $90US for a kit, not including shipping, on the basis of a pretty picture. Sorry, Kim. Lovely patterns but no can do. Publish a book and I'll buy it.

Amusing Beanecdote of the day: Bean likes old school punk rock and 70s disco. We were listening to the Violent Femmes yesterday when I had a sudden heart attack realizing what the next verse was going to be on "Add It Up" (Why can't I get just one fsck?). Thank goodness for CD fast forward. Must remember to make compilation CDs of songs in which the references to sex and drugs are incomprehensible.