Sunday, June 19, 2005

Knitathon


Clap On


Clap Off

Hideous pun I know, but I couldn't resist. The fabric the Artyarns Silk was producing was not sturdy enough to show off the dropped stitches. I could have gone down to a 5US, but there was something about it that just was not working. I find it interesting that Artyarns recommends a 7US needle for this yarn. I can't see it. I think it will work divinely for Soleil (which is knit with US5). I realize that I am not discussing gauge at all here and that gauge is more important than needle size. But I usually knit fairly true to gauge on a yarn so it's really odd for me to have to go down two needle sizes to get a fabric I like.


A cap sleeve top for Bean. Knit out of some Pingouin Corrida something (3 or 5 I can't remember) that has been marinating in my stash for a long time. Long enough for Pingouin to go out of business!


The back of the Cookie Sweater. Also for Bean. Knit in Cotton Ease. I knit the largest size which is supposedly a 3-4 year. This sweater is 32 inches around. That's one big 3-year-old. I added 6 rows to the stockinette section to balance the width out. This will be rather large on my daughter this fall, but I hate to put in all this effort for something she can only wear for one season. And she's growing like a weed. She's gone from a size 7 shoe to a size 8 in three months.