Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Further Feral Follies

The back of Nyuck-nyuck (howeverthehell you pronounce it) is supposed to feature the same enlarged fair isle pattern as the front. Now, I'm not too sure that's going to be flattering on me since it will just cut me in half, so I'm just going to put one diamond in the center of the shoulders for some flair and leave the rest of the back plain.

I was kind of hoping I could wear the new vest on T-day, but I have to go to the store, make a pie, and I have not yet cast on for the back of the vest. Also, there is alot of finishing on the vest due to all the ribbing. So, we'll see.

Meanwhile, there has been some more finishing going on. Norma commented on the quantity of FOs in yesterday's post, but most of it was due to lazy picture slacking. Greensleeves was finished a couple of weeks ago and I finished Kepler I think on Thursday of last week. The mitts were quick. So, while yes, it was a bit of fast knitting on Nyuck nyuck, that's about it.

I'm going to go take a nap. Happy Thanksgiving where ever you are. It may be next week before I post again. There is a bit of familial stress regarding the festivities and, to be completely honest, I'd rather sit at home at cook my own damn dinner rather than participate but I guess we'll suck it up and go. At least it's early and we can come home and have fun in our own house.