Monday, November 21, 2005

Warning, there are pictures of me ahead that were taken *before* I'd had a cup of coffee. Plus, My husband somehow seems to think that taking pictures from underneath a subject is somehow flattering.

Kepler


Rowan Summer Tweed

Kepler is a small and a half. I didn't quite get the row gauge, but the sweater fits beautifully. I knit to measure rather than being a slave to the pattern.

I'd love to be able to be a perfectionist knitter and figure out everything ahead of time, etc. But there is a certain headiness to rushing in headlong and saying To Hell With It. Especially when it seems to work out in the end the majority of the time. And, it's not like I'm afraid to rip if I don't like the results.


Greensleeves


The Three-Skein-Kludge (lifted from the OSW)

Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran

Lousy picture, but the back is a tad longer as well. I also changed the seed stitch border to ribbing.








Soooooo, what do you do when you finish two KALs?


Texas Mitts

aka Gardening Mittens by Louisa Harding.

Impressions.



Friday, the yarn was purchased for this. Which, I think, fits with the new Norwegian Knits-Along. OK, it's actually Swedish and it's Poetry In Stitches, but I want to knit it anyway. I've discovered that the key relationship between me and KALs is to start the project and then see if there is a KAL that fits it. Nevermind the fact that I don't know how to pronounce Nykvarn, that it's a guy's vest, and that I purchased Nature Wool rather than Nature Wool Chunky because I'd like to be able to wear the damn thing more than twice a year (unlike Lara which is Too Darn Hot).

Here's where I am.

My husband has been walking around all weekend talking about my "feral sweater". No, I am not making this up. I had to speak slowly and clearly at which point the lightbulb went off over his head and he finally Got It. I know I'm from Texas, but my accent is not even close to being that bad. Sheesh!