Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Lobotomy

The Ramones song of the day!

I've been in a grumpy mood for about the last week. (No, it's not PMS.) I think it's just a fall thing. The weather is still pretty warm (80s) and I have to have the air conditioning on at night because I've been having some pretty major hot flashes. Which might account for the grumpiness ;>

I have knit. Namely, a One Skein Wonder that turned into the Three-Skein-Kludge (TSK). I extended the sleeves to elbow length, knit the back a bit longer, and changed the edging from moss stitch to 2x2 ribbing. Knit from Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in my favorite chartruese.

Now I am going to get back to Kepler. Because the Knitting Gods are NOT PLEASED. I have started about three other versions of Purple People Eater because I am obsessed with knitting artic-ready clothing despite the very real fact that it's going to hit 90F today. None of them took. Today, it hit me. I keep straying from Kepler to knit other things and most of those other things are turning out very badly.

Sparkle Socks? Too small.
PPE? No love.
River? Have to tink a few rows.
Even the TSK is a bit on the tight side in the sleeves. Not so much I can't wear it, but definitely about as small as I can take.

Ahem.

So, I am going to do my damnedest to knit only on Kepler until she's done. I have one sleeve band, two sleeves, and the finishing. Not that much. I'm going to try to get the sleeve band completed today. That leaves two simple stockinette sleeves which shouldn't take too long. Finishing will be sort of a bitch because I loathe applied I-cord, but I'll get over it.

I have to finish Kepler or I'm doomed to a life of crappy knits.