Saturday, January 21, 2006

To frog or not to frog

That is the question.

Several people left comments on my Cross Coat Dilemma that they would frog. And, normally, I'd have beat you to it. There is a problem, however, with frogging intarsia. All those crosses? Yeah, they are all individuals sections of yarn. And I don't relish frogging and then figuring out what to do with all those sections of maybe 5 yards apiece (max).

I did like Julia's suggestion of turning it into cushions. That is a strong frontrunner.

My decision for right now is to knit one of the sleeves. Then I am going to seam the back and one front and sleeve up and get a better idea of the true fit of the garment. Yes, the probability is frumpy and dumpy, but who knows, maybe I'll end up with comfy and cute. I do the "knit half the sweater" trick all the time with sweaters I design, so I can get a fairly accurate idea of the drape. And, if the result is frumpy/dumpy, well, on to Plan B.