Saturday, February 18, 2006

We interrupt your normally scheduled service...

...to tell you that my computer ate itself.

Thursday, I was in the middle of of printing the seating arrangements for the big charity fundraiser scheduled for tonight. I'm doing the seating arrangements for 400 people.

My printer ran out of paper and it got mad and ate my ethernet card.

I'm not kidding.

I haven't had internet access since Thursday and have been frantically pounding out seating on my husband's laptop from work and over the phone.

I have very little voice left and it's supposed to sleet tonight.

Keep a prayer in that it doesn't sleet, because last year we raised around $60K and much of that comes from the silent and live auctions which requires people to attend. For those of you in the frozen north, let me point out that we get sleet and ice, it's much different driving conditions that snow. And we know better to go out when the ground is iced over. It's 28F and the ground is wet. The only thing saving our bacon right now is the fact that it was 80F on Thursday and 50F yesterday. The ground is too warm for anything to accumulate unless it really comes down.

I thought I was exaggerating when I said I wouldn't have time to cast on until the 19th. Turns out I was right.

Beer and Special K - Breakfast of Stressed-Out Champions

What knitting?