Friday, April 28, 2006

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Yes, I'm totally snaffling this concept from Carole but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so...

The Good: Having a fairly nice teaching schedule set up for summer knitting classes.
The sort of Bad: Having to teach on Saturdays.
The sort of Ugly: Realizing that I now have to knit a ton of samples.

The Good: Bean slept all night. The trip to Austin upset her sleeping a bit - although that didn't manifest until we got back. Combine that with a bit too much busyness lately and she reverts to her former Non-Sleeping Self.
The Bad: After going to bed, she started hollering that she was hungry. I brought her bread and water (no, really) and told her to put her snack on the bedside table when she was finished. I came back in about 15 minutes later to check on her and she was pretty close to sleep. I put the snack on the bedside table and tucked her in.
The Ugly: Either I got the napkin and missed the bread, or she got up and grabbed the bread again, but either way she slept with half a slice of bread. And I just washed her sheets yesterday. This morning, I vacuumed my child's bed. Bean thought it was the funniest thing she had ever seen.

The Good: I slept all night myself. No insomnia!
The Bad: Waking up a bit too early because husband had an early meeting.
The Ugly: Stepping into a puddle of dog pee on my way to the kitchen.
The Uglier: Finding tons of dribbles of something very sticky all over the kitchen and den floor and having no clue how they got there or what they were.
The Ugliest: Having to mop the floors at 7am.

To summarize: I'm knitting, but not for myself and I had to not only vacuum my child's bed and room this morning, but also mop the floors, even though I had cleaned the entire house on Wednesday. And it's just turned 8am. Stellar!