Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I need a recommendation

I have 3 skeins (750 yards) of Kidlin Pixie. I'd like to knit a shawl and I need some recommendations. While Louet classifies the yarn as "laceweight", it's closer to fingering - one strand of mohair and one of linen. I'd say it's like a strand of Zephyr wrapped with a strand of Kidsilk Haze.

I'm looking for patterns other than the Diamond Fantasy Shawl, Leaf Lace Shawl, Flower Basket Shawl or Kiri. I have either knitted those patterns or I have plans for them in other yarns.

It doesn't have to be a free pattern.

I'd really appreciate some help. I'm itching to knit this yarn, but I want a nice project that would be suitable. My main issue is not running out of yarn - I bought the last three skeins in the Cranberry colorway and I don't want to have to search for another skein in that dyelot. So, it has to take under 750 yards.

Thanks in advance!