Monday, May 15, 2006

Fired Up!

The Fiery Bolero is complete, baby! Sorry for the overly dappled picture, but we were in a bit of a hurry.

I began this project last summer and put it away in a fit of frustration. I dragged it out of the UFO pile about a month ago and have been on a finishing quest ever since.



I like the fit of the body, but the sleeves are enormous. Overall, I could have gone down at least one size, if not two. Overall, the garment is not designed to fit someone with a small torso but a fairly large chest. On the other hand, I think it's pretty flattering and I think I will knit another bolero this summer.

The ribbing around the body about drove me nuts, but it looks pretty nice now that FB is complete. I'm also warming up to the color a bit. I'll never love teal blue, but I will wear this sweater alot this summer.


In Texas, it might be 110F outside, but inside the air conditioning is jacked up to just above frostbite necessitating a sweater when venturing outside of one's home. The movies require jeans and a sweatshirt. Seriously. You'll be blue otherwise. I took an instant read thermometer to the movies once and it was 62 degrees.