Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I have been b-u-s-y. Lots of knitting for classes and none for me. And tons of cleaning. My in-laws are visiting this weekend, and the spring cleaning bug has bitten me hard. A bit late, but a bad bite nonetheless. I took all the laundry stuff off of it's shelf, cleaned the shelf, washed all the cleaning rags, and put them in a box and put everything back. I cleaned out my junk room.

To give you some perspective on the seriousness of the situation, I've been destashing. Now, it's not to the point where you really have to worry, because I haven't gotten to the ironing yet. But the week is young and I might...

The Knit Kit Questionnaire:

What are your favorite colors? Bright colors. Reds, oranges, pinks, blues, purples. I usually loathe yellow or green (unless it’s chartreuse), however I don’t mind if it’s just a touch of those colors. I don’t like earth tones or pastels.

Are you a new sock knitter? How long have you been knitting socks? I’ve been knitting socks for a few years now.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? I love multicolored yarns or variegated solids (lighter and darker variations on the same color).

What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn? Wool.

Where do you usually knit socks? Everywhere. That’s the wonderful thing about socks – they are so portable.

How do you usually carry/store small projects? I have a sock bag but I usually keep several socks going at one time so I’ll be definitely using the bag from this swap!!!

What are your favorite sock knitting patterns? I change all the time.

What are your favorite sock knitting techniques? I like to experiment. As long as it doesn’t require insane levels of concentration, I’ll try it.

What new techniques would you like to try? Dunno.

Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting? DPNs

What are some of your favorite yarns? Koigu, Socks That Rock

What yarn do you totally covet? Sock Hop, Vesper, and Fleece Artist

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? Never thought about it. I knit socks to have a portable, fun project. I don’t want to knit something really complicated – it takes the fun out of it and makes it harder to enjoy the process. (You hear that, Margene? ;>)

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? Crystal Palace DPNs, Addi Turbos.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Superwash wool in fun, bright colors.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Chocolate.

What’s your favorite animal? I have been informed that I have to say lemur.

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? I have a 5-year-old dog and a 4-year-old daughter ;>

If you were a color what color would you be? Red or bright pink.

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s). I have a wonderful soft striped shirt that has embroidered flowers all over it. Comfortable and funky.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? The sky. We have big sky here in Texas.

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. It's not necessarily the best quote ever, but the funniest one lately is: "If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?" Steven Wright

(Personally, I think Barbies have some sort of asexual reproductive ability - it's the only explanation for the ever-increasing number of Barbies that are dumped out of the Barbie box.)

Do you have a wishlist? Nope

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? I need my bangs trimmed.