Thursday, July 13, 2006

whoa Nelly!

I finished the Diamond Fantasy Shawl but I can't find the camera. It's OK. I loved the yarn, but I should have gone down a needle size, because it wanted to block HUGE. The scarf is supposed to be something like 50 inches across. Yeah. Mine is close to 70 inches. 350 yards of yarn and I have a shawl, not a scarg. It's very, very open.

On the good side, with the openness of the shawl, you can't really see great, huge, honking error near the top of the shawl where I repeated a row somehow.

On the bad side, you don't really get a feel for the pattern unless you know what you are looking for, because the shawl is so open.

There is no way in hell I'm trying to frog it as none of these problems became apparent until I had blocked the damn thing. While I liked the pattern, I wasn't so entranced that I want to knit it again right away.

So, I did what any sane person would do. I cast on for a Flower Basket Shawl in the screaming pink El Coyote mohair I have stashed away. Because screaming pink just screams FBS. It's gonna be Electric Grandma. I did learn from DFS. I went down two needle sizes.

So there!