Tuesday, August 15, 2006

In Evelyn A. Clark We Trust

Swallowtail Shawl from Fall 2006 Interweave Knits

Handmaiden Sea Silk in Moss - 1 skein with a teeny bit left over

Size 4 Clover Bamboo circs, switching to size 3 Addi Turbo circs for the Peaked Edging when yarn started looking really scarce.

Mmmmm, pretty.

I cast on Saturday afternoon before we left for Iowa and completed the body on Sunday. Picked it back up this past Sunday and completed the shawl on Monday morning.

I adore this yarn. It's soft and beautiful and supple and gorgeous and and and .... I think I'm addicted.

The Sea Silk solids are really semi-solids with soft variegations in color that really add alot to the finished piece.


The pattern is the usual genius by Ms. Clark.

Straightforward, excellent charts, and a simple knit.

The only challenging part is the P5tog through the back side of the nupps. The silk made that a bit of a pain.


I have another single skein of Sea Silk in Ocean (blues) as well as two skeins in Sangria, which are earmarked for the Lotus Blossom Shawl. I'm going to make myself be patient to stretch out the pleasure.

Maybe...