Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Just call me Blinky!

I'm still working on the baby sweaters. Knitting has been sporadic at best because I've been spending all my time working on a charity dog walk that happened last Saturday. After 14 hours in the sun and wind, I spent the next three days recovering from the allergies from hell.

I'm bound and determined to complete the sweaters this weekend because I don't know how much I'll be able to do next week.

I'm having eye surgery.

More precisely, eyelid surgery. I have "floppy" eyelids. The muscles don't keep them open as wide as they should. I'm pretty careful about posting good pictures, so you probably won't have noticed unless you know me in person.

I'm going to have it fixed on Monday. No more seeing the world through my eyelashes!!! And just in time for looking spooky on Halloween. I've had to tell the people I see pretty often, so they won't think there's been a domestic dispute or something when I show up looking like I've been punched out!

Keep your fingers crossed that everything goes well and there aren't any complications. I'm not particularly worried about it, but any time you have to have surgery, a bit of prayer doesn't hurt.