Saturday, November 25, 2006

Cough Cough hACK

I have caught whatever variety of cold crud is circulating. Bleh. Bean has it too. And, of course, this is the weekend we had planned to paint the kitchen, den, and office (it's one big L with lots of windows). Poor Dr. Pig is soldiering on and will paint the den today. I told him if I get well enough to move all my stuff out of the office, that's great. If not, we'll do it another weekend.

I had some really freaky dreams last night. The one I remember was that there was some sort of knitterly gathering and somehow I volunteered to make lunch but more people than I was counting on showed up, including The Yarn Harlot. So, there I was in the kitchen making fried chicken only I had bought whole birds instead of just breasts, but no one wanted dark meat. I was thanking my lucky stars that any good Southern Luncheon includes a ton of veggies and salads and that I don't cook with bacon, so Stephanie could get a good lunch. Your guess is as good as mine as to why the hell I'm remembering she's a vegetarian and trying to cook her lunch. Much less why I'd choose to make fried chicken for people I don't know. That's a labor of love, honey, and a whole lot of work. At this point, I was relieved to be woken by Bean, who was hollering becaue Pinky Pink (her favorite stuffed animal - a pig) had fallen out of the bed. I had to get her some medicine, etc. Hopefully she'll sleep a bit.

And now I'm going to go back to sleep.

Somedaaaaaaaaaaaay I'll knit agaaaaaaaaaaain. (Sung to the tune of Someday My Prince Will Come.)