Friday, November 02, 2007

Christmas is upon me

My big project has been picking the annual ornament for the fundraiser for the childhood ministries board at our church. When I signed up for the job, I thought it would be a snap.

Wrong-o!

I never knew how hard it would be to pick out a nice ornament that people will want to pay a premium for in order to help us do things like provide certification instruction to our childcare/Mother's Day Out workers. And I was supposed to have everything ordered a month ago, but we have had trouble deciding on the ornament.

I discovered that I am Not A Shopper. Oh, sure, I'm pretty good at finding great deals on stuff, but that's because I shop at maybe 6 stores and if it's not there, I don't need it. Did I mention the ornaments need to be personalized? And dated?

Luckily, someone found an adorable ornament at a very pricey boutique. The one thing I'm good at it taking someone else's idea and running with it. I spent most of yesterday getting supplies and creating a sample. We have a professional artist on the board, who has agreed to paint all of the ornaments for a very reasonable fee. I'll post a picture once I get our final sample. I can't believe how cute this is going to be. Nothing like setting an unobtainable precedent for whoever gets this job next year ;>