Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mission Possible

My goals:

  1. Finish Something Red. All I have to do is knit the neck and fronts, but there it sits.
  2. Reknit the top half of Soleil into something that fits.
  3. Finish CeCe
  4. Knit Anne Hanson’s Twinings Stole for my mother.
  5. Figure out where I went wrong on Bless and reknit that part and finish it.
  6. Finish the Lace Wings scarf.
  7. Finish Vintage Velvet scarf.
  8. Finish the Log Cabin socks.
  9. Knit 10 pair of socks
  10. Knit Simurgh
  11. Have stash sale
  12. Knit fair isle vest from Rowan (can’t remember pattern name)
This is a fairly modest set of goal, since many of the projects are at the halfway mark or beyond. However, the 10 pairs of socks and the stash sale are musts. I have some lovely yarns that are too heavy for Texas (Rowan Kid Classic and the like), the wrong color for me, or things that I am just not going to knit. As for the socks, I have lots of sock yarn relative to the number of socks I have completed.

However, to that end I present Drunk Monkeys!


It's a lousy day, so I had trouble getting a bright shot, but in this one, at least the color is accurate.








The yarn is Dream in Color Smooshy and the colorway is In Vino Veritas. I was a bit iffy on the colorway at first, but now I love it. I have plenty of socks in bright colors, so this is a bit of an antidote.

I love knitting this pattern because it goes quickly and the pattern is quite fun in a wide variety of yarns.