Thursday, March 27, 2008

OK, Carole, here you go!

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. Looking them up is cheating, please don’t.


1. My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.

2. May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined.

3. Well, obviously it's not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products.

4. All is fair in love and war, and this is revolution!

5. The thing is, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

6. The important thing is the rhythm. Always have rhythm in your shaking. Now a Manhattan you shake to fox-trot time, a Bronx to two-step time, a dry martini you always shake to waltz time.

7. Oh, it's not the speed really so much, I just wish I hadn't drunk all that cough syrup this morning.

8. Find one in every car. You'll see.

9. Certainly, in the topsy-turvy world of heavy rock, having a good solid piece of wood in your hand is often useful.

10. Oh God, all just empty words. It's not the way they said it was, is it? I just want someone to be with. The only thing I feel is afraid.


Some of these are pretty easy, but I had to include some of the funniest lines rather than something more obscure. Then again, some of the movies themselves are a bit obscure.

Good luck.