Sunday, September 28, 2008

The List

I am fully aware that I tend to exaggerate. This is not one of those times!

My vacuum cleaner broke. The motor burned out, so I had to replace the vacuum. Had I known what was to come in the following couple of weeks, I would have bought a cheapie...

My watch broke. We sent it off and it was easily repaired. Thank goodness for small favors.

The next Friday, my car needed $1500 worth of repairs - OUCH!

Saturday, the mower broke. (Cracked head. This morning began with the joyful sound of the new mower revving up.)

Two days later, Dr Pig left on a business trip. The auspicious beginning was the driver showing up a half an hour late because he got lost. sigh

About 5 minutes after he left, the toaster broke (I fixed it by banging it upside down on the patio - I'm assuming that something was stuck in it.)

About half an hour later, the VCR broke. (Dr Pig was able to fix it.)

The next day it rained and a windshield wiper flew off my car. (Replaced)

Then the ABS light came on in Dr Pig's car. (Probably $1500 more in repairs. We are just going to pretend it's 1990 for a bit. It's not like there will be any icy roads to drive on until January anyway!)

Then (you didn't think it was over yet, did you?), the washing machine broke. Dr Pig, being a man who can Fix Things, fixed the washer. A $20 part was cracked. It was sort of involved because he had to take the motor apart, etc., but the $20 part probably would have cost us over $200 in repairs if we'd had it professionally repaired.

Then I got sick as a dog.

I'm hoping things have stopped breaking (including me). I'm not sure what kind of karmic revenge is underway, but I think it's going a bit too far. Dr Pig and I can do nothing but be amused at this point. It's too crazy not to laugh!