Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Sunday night, I woke up at 3am and could not get back to sleep.

Monday night, Dr Pig's pager went off at 1.30am. He had to work the rest of the night and I had the devil of a time getting back to sleep.

Last night, Bean got into bed with us around 5am.

It's a conspiracy!!!

I'm trying to get the house in a bit more order before The Invasion Of The In-Laws commences tomorrow. On the plus side, we have several social events this weekend so, free babysitting!!!

Must go to grocery store, though and buy several loaves of bread. They go through about a loaf of bread a day. I've never seen people eat bread like this. They'd never make it on Atkins!

In other amusing news, last night at dinner I told Bean to stop rocking her chair because it was in danger of flipping over and then she'd have to go to the hospital and get stitches which would HURT. (I'm not above using a bit of scare tactics if that's all that works.) Dr Pig told her that he'd had stitches and it hurt and then tells her, "I'm not even going to tell you where I got stitches."

Bean fixes him with that "like you're so smart" look she has and retorts, "Oh, Daddy, I know where you got stitches. In the hospital."

I couldn't help it - I spent the next 10 minutes giggling like a madman.