Friday, October 22, 2004

ARGH!!!!!

It's a bad day in LizWorld. Grace and I have had a permanent falling-out. I finished all the parts and seamed the top half and then put it on over my head and found out there is no point in completing the project because Grace and I do not suit. I knew this was a potential outcome when I began the project given that I am shorter and more curvy than the creator. The seams between the upper and lower fronts hit me in a highly unflattering way that will not improve with any amount of blocking. It wasn't a waste of time though. It was a very quick knit. I learned that I really don't like mohair at all (makes me cough and sneeze) and that light blue might be nice on other people but that the reason I tend to knit most things in reds is because I look vastly better in reds and other bright colors and that pastels and I don't get along too well. I looked in my closet and the only pastel item I own is one light pink tee shirt.

Hallowig has been consigned to the trash can. I screwed up the decreases to where I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on and decided I really didn't want to spend any more time on the project so I threw it away. I'd rather work on Clapotis and Lara. I still think it's a great idea and I will probably knit one for the Bean out of Cotton Ease later on, but this one is cursed. The Red Heart was too squeakly for me anyway. It just gave me the creeps. I'm not a complete yarn snob - see the aforementioned Cotton Ease. But Red Heart Kids is not winning my heart...