Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Calendar Girl and wrap up

I love the half-price calendar sales. They make me very happy. I always end up with a calendar I never would have bought full price. This year's score: The World According to Mr. Rogers. Every day, there is a quote. Looking ahead to January 11th: "Honesty is closely associated with freedom."

Everyone seems to be posting some sort of knitting "year in review" on their blogs so, in the interest of all things sheepy, here's mine:

I did not knit much during the first half of the year as I was busy working at a local cooking school. I can only handle one obsession at a time. I did knit a bit on various sweaters and baby blankets, but nothing major.

The second half of the year saw a big return to knitting:

The good:
Clapotis in Interlacements superwash merino in Summer Fruits. My favorite knit of the year!
Chamomile in chartruese Rowan Summer Tweed.
Lara in red Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk.
Plum in purple Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky. Will need some minor adjustments to be truly good but it's not bad as is.

The bad:
Meddlesome sweater out of Berroco Medley. To be frogged and turned into something else. Liz+Bulky Yarn+ v-neck that ends at the waist = ick.
Part of Butterfly which is doomed to be frogged.

And the ugly:
Grace from Knitty. I looked like crap in it.
Hallowig from Knitty. I kept screwing it up and loathed the yarn so I trashed it and will try again with different yarn this year.

I also have an embarrassing number of half-completed projects intended for my daughter.

Overall, a very successful year. I learned to knit short rows which made me very happy.

The goals for 2005 are:
Learn to knit socks
Complete the projects that are currently on the needles by the end of February
Knit Color on Color from Scarf Style
I may add spinning to that list. My in-laws have two spinning wheels in their basement...

Other than that, we'll see which way the wind takes me. Happy knitting, everyone!