Friday, July 29, 2005

I love a parade

Especially a parade of finished objects.

When I finished knitting Soleil, I put it on my dining room table to await my weaving in the rest of the ends (I'm about halfway through) and crocheting the neckband and armholes. And I counted the other projects on the table. Final tally: Triada scarf, Ines, Cookie, Lollipop, and tiny tee as well as a couple of other small bits and pieces.

I've been knitting and knitting but have wondered where all the finished objects went. Apparently, my dining room table has become...

The Black Hole of Finishing (dum dum dum)

I was sufficiently freaked out to finish finish (as opposed to finish in the sense of "I'm done with the major knitting but need to weave in ends, fix something, add a neckband" finished) a number of items.


The red one is the Cotton candy sweater
Knit from Pinguoin Corrida something (5 I think?) that has been in my stash forever.
Pattern from Midnight Knitter.

The pink one is Cookie from Rowan's Miss Bea's Rainy Days knit in the 3-4yr size in pink Cotton-Ease.

The red sweater is very stretchy and fits Bean now. Cookie, well, there's always next year!



For me

Ines
Rowan Linen Print book
Rowan Linen Print Blush (MC) and Refresher and Crush (CCs).








Meanwhile, I'm through the sixth repeat of FBS2: EB.

This means I'm about ready to cast on for another sweater. I'm thinking about the Wizard Sweater from Miss Bea's Dressing Upin turquoise Cotton-Ease with white stars. Cotton-Ease really is a perfect inexpensive substitute for Rowan's All Seasons's Cotton. I'm going to knit the edging in the main color rather than incorporate a third color as it specifies in the pattern. That will give Bean a pullover that will fit her this fall, since Cookie will be a bit big.