Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Dolly Mama *

The Pig-Tailed Dolly from Weekend Knitting as imagined by Tim Burton. Those are the pieces of her head next to her. I still have to embroider the face before I put the head together. And I don't really embroider so, it's an adventure!


Lest you think it's all dolls, all the time:

Yep, I have finished both bands of Kepler and picked up the stitches for the back. I'm still messing about with the sizing for the top. I started at the 37" size because I like my waists with plenty of room, but, given the way cotton expands, I will be paying very close attention to my gauge over the decrease rows and making a decision on whether or not to go down to the 35" size for the rest of the body. I know I will need 35"-sized arms. I made Chamomile last year and it did stretch a bit. Not excessively, but it's something to consider since this should be a fairly close-fitting sweater and it's highly unlikely I'd want to wear something under it.

*Yeah, yeah, yeah. I hear the groans. Like you didn't know that was coming at some point.