Monday, October 24, 2005

Braaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssss

I've knit 4 whole rows in the last week and a half. Yes, 128 stitches. And that's it. I've been busy, but, mostly, I've had insomnia which means that I can't keep track of what I'm doing for long enough to do it. Then, just when I think I've got it kicked, Bean spends half of last night waking up with nightmares of being chased by a ghost "with pink glasses, three arms, a purple skirt and 10 wheels instead of feet." Granted, that might spook me a bit too, but not so much that I wake up every 10 minutes for two hours. She has the slightest trouble falling asleep and then refuses to go to sleep at all. No, "crying it out" does not help. Believe me we tried.

Must go fold laundry. Husband will not be home until 8pm. Then I will fall down and go boom and if my child does not agree to sleep, I am going to tell her that she's obviously not old enough for Halloween since it's scaring her so much. *That* will fix her little red wagon. She tends to pull these little manipulative stunts until you call her on it and then, suddenly and miraculously, she can sleep straight through the night or pick up her toys or eat her dinner without an accompanying interpretive dance. Because if I don't get some sleep soon, I'm going to turn into a zombie.