Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Burnt Peeps

I finished the first Jaywalker sock!

I really like the sock. The pattern is no harder than a basic stockinette sock, but it really pays off in making the most of variegated sock yarns.


This one is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in the Old Rose colorway.




I also cast on for another pair of Jaywalkers. They are like potato chips - can't have just one...

I have been itching to cast on the wild Koigu that my Better Pal sent me.

I had a feeling this colorway would work with the Jaywalker pattern and I was right.


The colorway I can only describe as Burnt Peeps. Bright, almost neon; turquoise, pink and yellow interspersed with variegated blacks. I'm loving it! Talk about your 80s "punk" sock. This one hits the mark pretty well. I'm going to break out the Go Gos to dance around in these when they are finished!