Thursday, January 12, 2006

Not a finisher

I have three projects waiting for finishing:

1.) Cabled bag. Needs a lining. Then must be seamed and handles attached.

2.) Hip Hop Coat. Seam shoulders and knit collar. Knit endless button bands. Seam damn huge sweater. Find fsking buttons. Attach buttons.

3.) I don't remember what three is but I remember there is something evil lurking in the depths of my knitting basket. It might be Fiery Bolero. The ribbing on that sucker makes the Hip Hop Coat button bands look like a walk in the park.

For some reason, I have no desire to finish any of these projects quite yet.

In the last week or so, I have seen a number of discussions of process vs product, knitting motivations, etc. on various knit blogs. I think this is a normal sort of "New Year's" evaluation of one's knitting progress and what we'd like to change versus what we like just fine.

I have always been the kind of knitter who had to have a number of projects going at one time. Lately, I have one sweater and one sock going and that's it. Sort of a shock to my system. I think that is why I can't finish anything. I'm suffering from an advanced form of startitis. Project finitum interruptus.

Is this an honest evolution in my knitting style? Or is this just a temporary shift in my universe? I have a feeling that February is going to be for Finishing and that March Madness will include startitis the likes of which the knitting world has rarely seen.

Even wierder, I haven't pooped out on the Stashalong!

Yet.