Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ducks!

We got nothin' but ducks here. Pecking me to death once again.

Our phone doesn't work. DSL does, but the phone is as dead as the proverbial doornail. Once I finally got through to a human at SBC (half an hour), I found out that there is a short in our line and the soonest they can fix it is tomorrow. The woman asked for an alternate phone number and I gave her my cell phone number. Then she said, "Can you give us an alternate number in case we can't reach you at that number." I modulated my tone to the one I have used when dealing with someone with a profound mental impairment, "Yes, but that number isn't working right now."

Ahem.

I mailed Bean's student registration stuff two weeks ago. It's lost in USPSland. I'm filling out 10 pages of forms, cancelling the first check, writing new checks, getting a new immunization form from the doctor, etc. etc. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

If the doorbell rings, I'm going to co-opt Dorothy Parker and open it saying, "What fresh hell is this?"